Fabber: The SketchUp>CNC/Laser cutting solution

cnc

Hey everyone! I’d like to share with you this extension I made for SketchUp:

www.getfabber.com

This allows you to take your SketchUp models and go right to CNC toolpathing if you’re using Vectric’s CAM software (VCarve/Aspire)

Our extension scans your SketchUp model, automatically flattens it and sends to VCarve/Aspire where we automatically build all of your toolpaths.

Here’s the splashy intro video: https://youtu.be/4uVn6xAzY5w

If you really want to dig into the workflow you can check here: https://forum.getfabber.com/t/welcome-to-fabber-get-started-here/8

Fabber works with any CNC machine that can open SVG files, Vectric’s CAM software, Shaper Origin, and the Glowforge.

We even smooth out all of your arcs and circles for you!

Right now this is a free and open beta. All we ask is that you drop your name and email address into our signup form.

Can Fabber be installed in isolation in Sketchup. (W/O V-Carve/etc.?)
IOW just run Fabber in SU to get the exported SVG?

In my case I ask for potential use in Sheetcam TNG (Plasma CNC)

Charlie

Other topic on similar subject:

Polylines with real arcs for CNC Router?

You don’t need VCarve to use the plugin. What you’ll get out of it is an SVG file that you can use anywhere SVGs can be used.

We have a settings dialog box where you can pick the DPI for your SVG. There are some standard options, and custom as well. The standard likely will work fine, but if you have some weird edge case where your SVG isn’t scaled right, you can just put in whatever DPI you’d like.

Ok…thank you…I’ll have to give it a try.

Charlie

I wish I had a CNC machine or access to one. This sounds like a great solution. Best of luck on the Beta and beyond!

Thanks so much!!

Followed link…filled out singnup form…no response…yet. (~24 hrs ago.)
I assume the signup for Beta was the proper route? (& Not Contact)

Charlie

Register on the Fabber forum and you be emailed a download link.

Thanks Box

Charlie

Did you get your invitation yet?

@ericschimel, I enjoyed your 3D Basecamp presentation. I’ve now gone and registered at your website and forum.

I’m new to CNC. As I mentioned, the makerspace I belong to, Makehaven, has a Gerber 4x8 and a smaller machine, Shapeoko.

Going over my overly brief notes: Aspire is Windows only? Your SU Plugin isn’t Windows only, is it? I’m on a Mac. I do have Parallels. All the machines in the makerspace are Windows.

Edit: Found the Mac version and installation instructions OK.