Extensions used for animating components

Hi all,

My company wants to use Sketchup to create a demo-video for how to assemble our products similar to the 2 posted below.

I’m good enough with using Layers/Scenes to get most of the way there on this. My only issue is; I don’t know how to model and capture the actual motion/animation of the components coming together (for example, in the videos, the screws turning and being screwed into place). Can anyone point me in the right direction, extensions or workflows or modeling methods or otherwise, for how I could accomplish this?

thanks as always

Fredo6’s Animator program will probably do it, but I haven’t used it in any serious way myself. It’s free, and from the SketchUcation plugin store.

There’s another (paid for but not expensive - a few tens of pounds or dollars) plugin that I used a few years ago, called… tries to remember…KeyFrame Animation from a company called Regular Polygon.

And MS Physics has something to offer too. MSPhysics 1.0.3 (16 October 2017) • sketchUcation • 1.

There was another recent post about a new plugin that will model linked movements - like a robot arm connected to a hand but I can’t remember the exact title of the post, and can’t immediately find it. Scroll back through Latest posts for a couple of weeks, or maybe a few more.

I would recommend Fredo’s Animator. Justin - Sketch Up Essentials has a couple of good videos - one particularly deals wit exploding stuff.

I’ve used @Fredo6’s Animator plugin a number of times (including during the past few weeks and the next month or so on a project). It is very comprehensive.

Look at Simlab products to be used with Sketchup Website