[Extension] KG-dev Face Suppressor

Hi there,

I’ve created a new extension that allows you to do real linework in SketchUp. It suppresses the automatic creation of faces whenever you draw an edge that results in a closed loop. You can find it on the Extension Warehouse.

3 Likes

I called my - perhaps more comprehensive toolset - “2dTools”.
It’s been around for some years…

https://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=185760#p185760

1 Like

Hi TIG, look like you have created a great tool. I searched the Extension Warehouse and did not find any tool that would allow me to just suppress the creation of faces, while using the native SketchUp tools. That’s why I created this one.

The EWH is not the only repository of good things…
So try…

and several sites run directly but extension authors - all separate and good resources…

We all reinvent the wheel now and again…
Does your tool create edges without faces in all 3d planes ?
2dTools is generally 2d, although some tools work in 3d too…

I know SketchUcation. I am a (not so active, sorry for that) member (SR20VET) for more than 7 years.
While actively developing SketchUp extensions since SU7, I have only started recently developing some with my own branding. It seemed good for me to first focus on the EWH.

1 Like

Yes. And it even is not a separate tool, but just a toggle.

2 Likes

This appears to be a very comprehensible extension. On rare occasions I want lines only and then have go back to erase the faces. Next time I’ll try to remember to use this.

The only thing I can think of to make it more comprehensible is to use an icon that describes what it does. Maybe the native rectangle tool icon could be re-used but have the brownish filling removed so you see the grayish background color through it.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback. I will take that into account when uploading a new update on this one.

1 Like