Extension compatability

Do extensions work with SketchUp Shop? The info i have found on the forums states that extensions do not work with web based versions but DO work with Shop and Pro versions. Problem is, Shop is a web version making the previous statement contradictory. I want to upgrade to a licensed version of Shop but I’m not spending the money if I cant use the extension I need.

No. Shop is a web-based version of SketchUp and currently there’s no implementation to use extensions. Extensions can be used only with the desktop versions (Pro and Make)

Where did you find information that indicates extensions can be used with SketchUp Shop?

Then this forum post is incorrect?

That post asks the same question you asked and I answered it with the same information I gave you just now.

The way that is worded, I took it to mean, if you want to use extensions you can only do it through a commercial use version such as Shop or Pro. Which confused me since the sentence before said it cant be done that way. That is a shame, because I love Sketchup for my hobby projects and would greatly appreciate a cutlist generator and at $119 per year its acceptable. $300 is a bit much for that. Any paid version should allow extensions.

Well, unfortunately it’s not about whether or not it’s a "paid"version. It’s about the way a web-based application works. You could still use SketchUp 2017 Make and install extensions for it.

How much difference is there in the layout of Make vs the current free version?

I’m not sure what you mean by “the layout”. The user interface looks different but the tools do the same things.

Got it. Thanks. Still need to make a non web based, pay version for the Hobby woodworker.

You never know. I’m doubtful that it’ll happen at this point, though.