Error reading LayOut file help

Hi,

I am getting this error for all my files.
Can you please help me?

Br.
Mathias

Possibly if you share the LayOut file so we can look at it.

Arbejdstegninger.layout (3.9 MB)

Backup of Arbejdstegninger.layout (3.9 MB)

Backup of ny print.layout (2.9 MB)

Print 1;1.layout (2.9 MB)

Hi Mathias,

I took a look at your first file, and it looks like the file got corrupted somehow. Behind the scenes, a .layout file is simply a .zip file, but since your file was corrupted, LayOut couldn’t unzip it. Here’s how I fixed it:

1. Rename the extension from .layout to .zip.
  2. On a command line, I ran the following command:
unzip ~/Downloads/Arbejdstegninger.zip -d ~/Downloads

Note that it might be a good idea to unzip into a temp folder, as there are a number of files that will be extracted to the root level. Also note that I was unable to do this through the UI, as it gave me an error when attempting to unzip the file.
3) This was showing that some things were corrupted within the zip file, but it was able to unzip most of the contents.
4) I then re-zipped what was successfully unzipped (including all of the .xml files, and the ref and pages folders), and changed the extension back to .layout from .zip.

This seems to have recovered most of your data for that file.

Hope that makes sense,
Adam

Arbejdstegninger_fixed.layout (3.7 MB)

1 Like

Hi, adam

I am getting this error for all my files.
Can you please help me?แบบก่อสร้างสหกรณ์.layout (9.0 MB)

can you ‘unzip’ it to check the content?

I get this on a mac…

End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on the last disk(s) of this archive.

maybe @adam can do some magic…

john