Still Wacom, not even heard of a 3 button CAD pen :smiley:

Oh believe me - I can keep talking!!! :smiley:

3 Likes

That’s a special Wacom pen, correct?

1 Like

Many thanks Chris, great presentation!

1 Like

Do you have your own 3D printer?

I loved seeing a sample of real time work in SketchUp. Appreciate that part very much. It’s fun to see what other people’s working style is.

3 Likes

Thank you, glad you appreciated it

Yes just a normal stylus but with three buttons instead of 2, it’s called the Wacom 3D pen Wacom Pro Pen 3D | Wacom New Zealand

1 Like

No but I’m very tempted!!

1 Like

that means allot, thank you :slight_smile:

It work with only certain 3D software, yes? We’d have to convince some SketchUp team people to support it for SketchUp use?

2 Likes

Do you find it tricky to add very small fillets, rounds and chamfers in SketchUp? Aaron has showed us a great trick for that. He scales the model up about 100% and then back down when done.

1 Like

No all Wacom pens are programmable in any software, this is the pen I have been using for SketchUp for over a year.

1 Like

I’d love to watch how you use it.

Yes, thats a great technique! I typically only use the angled chamfer when its small anyway…

2 Likes

@ChrisRosewarne do you ever make full sets of construct docs or blueprints for the workshop or is the model good enough?

I’ll check them out!!

The model is fine, it they are printing or machine they will re-build over mine in a CAD program though

Seeing how that SketchUp to Solidworks hand off works would no doubt be interesting to a number of people.

1 Like

Typically they break the SU model down into parts, and then “trace” over the shapes, keeping my design and proportions but not having the faceted curves that you get in SU

1 Like