Eneroth Open Newer Version

ok, i see. thanks for your patience. but do you know what could be causing the problem? this “Open Newer Version” option is not appearing here ;/ i installed it but its still not working… thank you sooo much :slight_smile:

Could it be located further down the menu? SketchUp 2014 doesn’t support placing entries at a custom index.

2019-04-07_22h12_20

thanks! its there! :smiley:

I’ve noticed there can be issues with privileges and the compiled C program not being able to run. When this doesn’t work I’d recommend to save down to the earlier version already when saving, e.g. using the more stable Eneroth Legacy Save extension.

help guys

Most probably you have a 32 bit windows environment, however the plugin only supported by 64 bit Windows. (as shown a couple of post above)

Is there was an Eneroth Patreon page? Would be nice to help you get a Mac.
I looked up Eneroth on Patreon and only found Lisa Eneroth who is a "Uphill Cheese Chasing World Champion of Gloucester Cheeserolling Festival 2017. "

3 Likes

I was introduced to Patreon some year ago through youtubers and briefly though about getting one. However I didn’t as I thought people could support me by buying an extension or two from the Extension Warehouse. Maybe I should rethink that. For now I do have an old paypal donation link though.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=MMLKE4ZFUKQD2

1 Like

A new version is now available. No new core functionality is added but the extension now displays an error message when loaded on Mac or a 32 bit Windows.

Thank you for that information. I wish I’d seen it a few days ago. The question was asked in a trivia contest. I could’ve won! :smiley:

Christina, if it would help, I could donate my old MacBook to you. Unfortunately it’s operating system can’t be upgraded anymore.

2 Likes

That sounds very helpful :smiley: . I don’t know much about Macs; how old is too old to have its OS updated and what SU versions can it run?

It’s 10 years old. I think it’s running 10.11. Which ever one it is, it technically isn’t supported by SU2019 but it seems to run fine. I’d be happy to give it to you but I expect you would really be better off with a newer one that can be kept up to date for a few years.

Makes sense. For some time I’ve though about getting a new Mac and double boot with Windows or use parallels. It’s probably the optimal computer for a SketchUp extension developer.

I’ve looked a bit into the missing DLL issue. It appears MSVCP140.dll, which is required by this program, is shipped with SketchUp 2017 and newer. This would explain why I haven’t been able to reproduce this issue; even when running SU 2016 or older, the DLL is available on my machine as I have the newer SketchUp versions installed.

@gilangfirdaus04, what is your newest SU version installed on the machine showing this error?

The workaround for now is to download the DLL from a third party. I think placing it in the bin/ folder isnide the extension, next to ConvertVersion.exe file, works.

I’m looking into a way to rewrite the whole extension to make it more reliable.

1 Like

Hi everyone,
I’m getting the following issue when I load the extension into Sketchup Make 2015 on a x64 Windows 8 laptop. I open SketchUp with a new file and this popup comes up - it doesn’t matter if I try to use the extension or not. SketchUp doesn’t freeze when I close the error window, so I don’t think it’s due to lacking privileges that were mentioned on the extension page. Any way that I can resolve this? Thanks in advance for any help!

The full text reads:

Error Loading File C:/Users/Kimchi/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/ene_open_newer_version/main.rb

Error: #<NoMethodError: undefined method messahebox' for UI:Module> C:/Users/Kimchi/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/ene_open_newer_version/main.rb:7:in module:OpenNewerVersion
C:/Users/Kimchi/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/ene_open_newer_version/main.rb:2:in <module:Eneroth>' C:/Users/Kimchi/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/ene_open_newer_version/main.rb:1:in <top (required)>’
C:/Program Files (x86)/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in require' C:/Program Files (x86)/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in load’
C:/Users/Kimchi/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/ene_open_newer_version.rb:32:in register_extension' C:/Users/Kimchi/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/ene_open_newer_version.rb:32:in module:OpenNewerVersion
C:/Users/Kimchi/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/ene_open_newer_version.rb:15:in <module:Eneroth>' C:/Users/Kimchi/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/ene_open_newer_version.rb:12:in <top (required)>’

Oops; spelling error in source code. It seems you are running a 32 bit version of SketchUp though which isn’t supported by the plugin. The error is in showing an error message for that.

One of the things I hate with non compiled languages… runtime typos.

1 Like

It’s a good idea to look at the information provided in the description for extensions prior to installing them.

Oh, I see… that’s strange because I have 64 bit Windows, so I thought the version of Sketchup I had matched my OS. I’ll see if I can find the 64-bit version and get back to you. Thanks for your help!

SU 2017 crashes every time I try to open a file with the extension. I have tried restarting the program several times.