A few days ago I noticed that a category now appears below a Warehouser’s model description and tags list. I then started spotting uploads to the 3DWH that, for all intents and purposes, appears to be nothing but spam (maybe it looks that way to me because I am a Forum Moderator - I dunno).
What is the purpose of these [recent?] uploads to the 3DWH:
- they do not appear to be any kind of school/class project
- usually contain only a 2D person (most male and dressed the same)
- occasionally the 2D person will be standing by or inside an empty box
- these “models” have various titles (possible indicator that it’s not a class project) and are occasionally in different languages
- rarely have any description or tags
- are sometimes mis-categorized by the system even when there is a description or tag
- most of these “models” were created in the online free SU
- the upload date (or “modified” date, today) and the join date of the owner of the “model” are often the same (the uploads are not all the same date)
- all are under 300kb
- one actually has nothing in the “model” at all - not even a 2D person
If there is now a process in play that assigns a category and sometimes also a subcategory to models that are uploaded, how can a model be categorized if there is no description or tags, and the system obviously does not consider the title in determining a category?
Why are these spammy-looking uploads being allowed?