Elements in model dissapear creating a model to export to Openstudio

Hello. I was working in a sketchup model for creating a openstudio model. First, I uploaded a 2D dwg file to create spaces using the openstudio sketchup plugin. During the process of creating spaces, windows, doors, I was saving the model with differente names using “save a copy as”. Everything was ok. However, when I want to open a previous models it show the model but then a warning appears saying: “Removing previously linked Openstudio content” and all the model is gone.
I hope that someone has a clue about this. I appreciate any comment.
Thank you,

How are you using Open Studio with SketchUp for Schools? That’s a web based version for school children.

Have you contacted the OpenStudio folks?

Hi Dave, It was a mistake in the Sketchup version, I should write 2023. I have a version as a professor for a university institution, not for a k-12 school. I am triying to change this option but I haven’t found where I could do that. Sorry about that.
I haven’t contacted OpenStudio folks. I think It was my mistake not saving the model as a osm model, and I did something that caused a failure in the plugin and I think it unlinked the previous osm model and it was gone. I will redraw my model or I’ll contact OpenStudio. Thank you for your answer

Please correct your forum profile.

Click on the E in the green circle at the top right of the forum page. Click on the person icon and then Preferences followed by Profile. After editing your profile scroll to the bottom of the page to hit Save.

Did you save it as a .skp file? I wouldn’t expect that you’d have to redraw it. Just reopen it.

I don’t know if OpenStudio has been supporting their extension. Last time I check was probably a year ago but I recall they hadn’t given it any love for some time.

Good luck.

Yes, everytime I was advancing in the model I was saving a skp file with a different name. After the issue, I tried to open each one of them but the message was the same, saying that the OpenStudio content was removed. This is the reason I think I should’ve saved also the model as a osm model using the plugin. I seems that for one reason the openstudio content created was gone and I didn’t have a copy of that

1 Like

It’s done. Thank you for your reply

1 Like