Editing Group, moving or exloding objects does not remove from group

For simplicity, I created two 3D boxes, each box was then individually made a “Group”. Next I grouped the two boxes in the same group.

Now I want to remove one of the boxes from this double group. I tried to move outside the group frame, exploding the box and then tried moving outside the frame - neither worked. Since I’m using Sketchup Go, there is no edit>cut or edit>paste, but I try ctrl+X to cut object, then closed the Group edit. Then used ctrl+V to paste outside the group and it pops up in prior group. What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Chobe

Yes there is. It’s at the top of the Context menu.

Sounds to me as if you didn’t actually exit edit model for the parent group then.

paste in place

FWIW, you can find Paste in place by typing in the search bar. I have assigned a keyboard shortcut for Paste in place same as I have on the desktop version.
Screenshot - 7_12_2024 , 7_34_16 PM
Cut and Paste inplace using keyboard shortcuts.
paste in place2

Also, in your simple example and mine based on that, the other oobject winds up double wrapped. There no need for that so exploding one of the group/component containers should be next if you are orphaning an object in a parent group or component.