Removing an object from a group

Can I remove an object from a group?

Sure. Open the group for editing, select the object and use Edit>Cut to cut it out. Exit editing the group and use Edit>Paste in place to paste the object in the same location but outside the group. If the object is a group or component you could do this in Outliner, too.

1 Like

Dave
Thanks!!!
Jerry

1 Like

I am trying to extrude a rectangular area that is grouped. I have to get into the group to push pull. After push pull, I want to offset the area and then push pull the resulting larger area. In order to create the larger rectangular area, if I delete off the inner rectangular area. It removes the push pulled surfaces. What is a proper method to do this?

Share the .skp file so I can see what you are trying to do.

A opção de usar a estrutura é bem fácil, basta selecionar o agrupamento ou Componente e arrastar para dentro do grupo onde deseja alocalo ou somente soltar dentro do modelo.

Sobre puxar em empurrar vc pode sim editar desde que esteja dentro da camada do seu agrupamento.

I use the Pro 2021. To quickly share the item that I was saying. Here is a link done on the free online version.

Is this what you are trying to do?

1 Like

Yes, thank you. And then draw the top rectangle? all of it remains in the same grouping.

Looks like I can also draw a rectangle outside of the first group and then offset. This will allow to have a new group for the added box of faces and edges.

These are basic fundamentals and are unrelated to the original post.
GIF 20-12-2023 12-25-22 AM

In future it is better for you to create new threads with relevant questions, images and models.

3 Likes

thanks.

By the way, are you using the current 2021 crack version?

No the licensed one.

Google translated from Portuguese:
The option to use the structure is very easy, just select the grouping or Component and drag it into the group where you want to place it or just drop it inside the model.

Regarding pulling and pushing, you can edit as long as it is within your grouping layer.

Not sure of the 1st part, I understand the 2nd. I can only edit by going into the group.

I shall.