I am trying to make a dynamic component in which you can change the finishing material. Here is the file I´m working on Cube.skp (198.3 KB)
However, once the component is created and saved in the local folder to be placed in another file, this component “does not come” with the materials that I set it to select (Carrera Marble or Granite Brown).
I downloaded the SketchUp TruckDelivery TruckDelivery | 3D Warehouse to investigate how this is done but I could not do it in a way that once the comoponent is inserted into a file it will bring its variations of materials.
This still does not work: I saved your ** Cube REV01 ** as another template to then be placed in another file, as it should work properly but still the same problem, the materials do not show up with the template
What I need is a file that, when inserted into another file, does not need to explode it or have to double-click to get past the first grouping level, but at the same time as that file brings with it the materials that they should come with him.
It is the example of the ** delivery truck ** of Sketchup, once inserted inside another file it is not necessary to explode or enter the hierarchical levels of the components to have access to the materials
When I tried to investigate how things worked in SketchUp’s TruckDelivery I had not found the materials that were hidden inside, so I figured out that there was another more sophisticated way of creating a dynamic component in which to change materials.
I’m trying to create a Door Dynamic Component with a lot of change options, including a color change option. In SketchUp everything works great but when I use Enscape Rendering the problem appears. Distorted Textures Map are no longer the same as in the SketchUp environment.
I have two images showing what I just said and a Door Dynamic Component file, I hope to hear how to fix it from everyone. Glass Door-Styles 3.skp (6.8 MB)
There a lot I can do with this, but first can you see if this is a better result for your rendering. I temporary outer- shelled the casing, you can swap this back with the definition to reinstate the attributes after if you wish to change the door
I appreciate your helpful comments :))
There is a problem that when I change the width to a number other than 2000mm, the Outer Shelled side is distorted, the correlation between the top Outer Shelled and the side Outer Shelled is not the same in width and it is not technically correct, in The picture shows what I just said.
Your original DC should be saved as a component file in some nominated folder. The altered DC I sent you can be swapped via the right click context menu with your saved DC to reinstate its functionality. (a short cut can be set for this)
this takes you to the file explorer where you can navigate to the original definition
The concept is produce a result that can be used for rendering, that is to make objects complete again instead of a sum of parts, like an I beam or composite can become whole again for an instance, then cuts or holes can be made without hindrance. Should for some reason this instance needs to be changed, then the right context swap method enables DC capabilities. Further to this, by using the “Current” formula and setting references in a second container you can swap with any other members and still retain the current settings. Ideal for swapping the casing to another profile, or door styles… You do not have to include all the options in one heavy DC, but rather have a library of swap-able members, So long as they have the same axis and insertion point.
Once you have established a method to simplify , whether outer- shell, solid tools, explode, erase the hidden options…
you then can use flags within the DC, so that a script can do the process for you as well as freeze the affected instance.
Should you decide upon this workflow, I can step by step help you, as well as input from other interested parties
You can reduce the material sizes down and save 2 MB