Dual line component separation potential

Thank you box your input is very helpful.
The features i require are:
Parallel lines - perpendicular to surface.
Elevated curve that maintain 2d curve perspective.
Curved area fill.
Geometry matching curvitude.
Plane convex and concave variable would be an added bonus of elevated curve algorithm.
Sorry if this breakdown of request is too detailed for you !

In truth a few of you could just browse until another bandwagon presents itself for you to jump on.

So, basically you need a thread?

Thank you Mike that is useful to the variable output helix propulsion featured earlier but is not related to the feature requests.
For concentric perpendicular parallel surface lines line follow is the option but this planar orientation is an issue even with that.
Think of where a parallel helix would be just by wanting a parallel.

If I was attempting to make the curve elevation feature, I would imagine it to take a few years on mine craft to plot enough curves to create a subroutine eventually from the plots.

When using push to create cylinder the program does not plot centre line right through as far as I am aware this would be where i would attempt to get perpendiculation from surface radially. This is how I would align the root curve to surface, previously mentioned, prior to extending each root curve geometry to cylinder surface(these lines would be blade centre line parallels.)
Planar orientation would be for blade pitch angle.
Move morphs, is there rotation ?
The variation in length of root curve to flat along blade is particularly difficult to plot individual geometries for material fill selection. And those geometrical flats do not tell a machine how to create smooth graduation.

I have not found a mock mill that i can plot rotation speed over distance yet. But that would make all our understanding easier for blade surface.
This equivalent to deflate.

imagehttps://www.google.nl/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thefix.com%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Fwall.thefix.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thefix.com%2Fcontent%2Fhitting-a-wall-in-sobriety-10051%3Fpage%3Dall&docid=mRI58QFNEv2yUM&tbnid=U-ciP6yLceKtsM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwjnhJTtnq3aAhVBPFAKHfO4AaYQMwhVKBkwGQ..i&w=358&h=477&client=safari&bih=681&biw=1089&q=someone%20talking%20to%20a%20wall&ved=0ahUKEwjnhJTtnq3aAhVBPFAKHfO4AaYQMwhVKBkwGQ&iact=mrc&uact=8

2 Likes

Welcome to design and manufacture communication difficulties. :smiley:

Simplest way to do deflate over distance would be to reduce root curve tight end length but how much by depends on geometry setting and pixel step rate on drawing.

As I said, the models I did were fun to do.
You’re “quite impressive” with words.
And yes, I’m looking forward to seeing those sketches. Until then I hope we can both laugh about this thread.

1 Like

In truth I have many rough sketches of things I would prefer to see in the market place.
I have enjoyed this thread.
I do hope others have enjoyed it too.
Wo3Dan you are welcome to produce a drawing for the fan. I can give more details of other projects preferably by private email but I am having quite serious email problems. The mail I have tried to archive is not there and some emails I deleted are. I am not sure why this is the case but I have sent feedback to windows about it.

1 Like

This would also be useful for transcribing the root curve to the centre geometry so that these do not stick to surfaces. So that upon deletion the rest of the image is not affected.
I did find the tape measure after I posted this :wink:
It does relate to parallel lines and is not available for helices as far as I’m aware.

You might try the Spirix and U-V PolyGen plugins. The first will allow you to create surfaces formed by geometry that is “swept” using a variety of combined transforms. The second allows you to create arbitrary lines or surfaces from parametric equations of the form {x,y,z} = f(u,v). Both place the output in groups so it won’t combine with existing geometry.

Spirix:

U-V PolyGen:

I have to pay for the privilege of showing someone my designs allegedly. As when I tried the free one I didn’t get a copy. If it was a one time payment and offline there might be a product rather than a show and tell for expense.

Absolutely…
On the other hand:
What if it didn’t?

1 Like

I have more than 4 hands sir.

If it didn’t share the image online why would the software have to be online ?
We could be talking multits.

What are you talking about?
There are people here happy to help you but you just won’t help us help you.

1 Like

Is that a specific request box ?
Are you even typing to the person who started the thread ?
I will add, show me your assistance you interfering no useful comment yet “…”