Does anyone take requests for models?

I use a home design program that allow objects to be imported and I can usually find what I’m looking for in the 3D warehouse, but occasionally I would like something I can’t find. SketchUp seem complicated to me, so I’m not sure if what I’m asking is “too much”. The example that comes to mind is an electric can opener. I was looking for an electric can opener in the warehouse and couldn’t find one… If anyone knows of volunteer hobby model makers, please let me know. Thanks. :slight_smile:

I could be hired to do it. What are you going to use it for?

It is generally considered poor etiquette to ask others to do your work for you. Ie, we get the occassional HS or College student wanting someone else to do their homework for SketchUp modeling class.

But sometimes good people need good models, in a pinch, and don’t know how or don’t have the time. In which case, it helps to hire a modeleer. (And DaveR is fantasic BTW. Just have a look through the Gallery category.)

(Moving to the Collaborative Work category.)

It is just a hobby for me. I’ve started learning Chief Architect Home Designer Pro and it’s going to take me a while before I can/could tackle SketchUp. HDPro comes with a library of items, so it’s rare that I cannot find what I need there or from the 3D Warehouse. Most of what I’ve done so far has been interior decorating and I’m trying to keep a close eye on the file sizes, as I can imagine that would add up pretty quick. A lot of people look for items in the 3D Warehouse; Chief Architect refers users to it… Some of the items import very well and others do not. I don’t know enough about it to understand what the difference would be. Anyway, if I ever run into something I really need I will keep you in mind. Thanks.

Thank you for the information. I do understand. In the Home Designer (software) Forum, I’ve been following recently, if someone is having an issue they’ve been posting their plan files. Other users can then try to help resolve the problem, sometimes even fixing the problem so the user can just continue. That’s the mindset in which I asked my question. I have no idea if Home Designer is a program that’s taught in HS or College, or that would be a concern there.

I think I would like to learn SketchUp eventually and enjoy seeing what all the 3D Warehouse has to offer.

Thanks!

You have only to add the motor :wink:

LOL That’s cool. Thanks :grinning:

@fidellaty : meanwhile I examined that machine to prepare it for sketchyphysics and found some errors (displaced axle and some more) - but I like such machines !