DL of MS Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 vanished?

The OLD release candidate is still available:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685

Oh wait, read this:

MSDN Community: Problem with redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 Update 3.

Let me jump in here because I happen to know about this issue firsthand, and Lana hasn’t been informed of it yet.

There was a bug fix done for a specific MFC problem in Update 2, and that bug fix was introduced in Update 3. Unfortunately, the bug fix introduced a binary incompatibility that caused many MFC applications to fail when running the Update 3 DLLs when the app was built with Update 2 or earlier.

We discovered this problem right away, and introduced a microupdate for Update 3 that reverted the other bug fix in order to restore the binary compatibility. See Issue 6 under “14.0.25424.00, released on 07/20/2016”, and also Issue 7 under “14.0.25425.01, released on 08/02/2016” at this page:

You can download the latest microupdate from the link on that page.

There was a new redistributable package made for this, and it is downloadable via visualstudio.com.
Download Visual Studio Tools - Install Free for Windows, Mac, Linux
Click “Tools for Visual Studio 2015”
Click “Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable”

The direct link to download the latest update 3.3 redist from Microsoft.com is disconnected, but we are working to correct that now.

Scot

Developer Support Engineer

The website does not look exactly as described however. Perhaps one needs to log in ?
… and go to Visual Studio Older Downloads - 2019, 2017, 2015 & Previous Versions ?

I wonder if the recent Win 10 updates (editions) have compatibility issues with 2015 Visual C Runtimes ?
… and they pulled the packages down to minimize the damage.

version 2017 is the successor of 2015 and just an update of version (still build no 14.##):

MS Visual Studio-Downloads : Other Tools and Frameworks : Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable für Visual Studio 2017 x64

back online again.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.