Determine Radius from a segmented curve?

Hi,
I am trying to determine the radius of some segmented curves but can’t figure out how? I feel like the entity info used to tell me the radius but now it is only showing length of the segments.

The Wall sections labeled with red numbers (3,4,5,6,7,8) are curved and I need to know the radius.

Thank you for your help in advance.
Formwork V 3.0.skp (1.3 MB)

Since your edges have been cut and rewelded they are seen as curves not arcs. Arcs will give you a radius but not curves.
There are plugins that will return segments to arcs so you get that info, a very old one that I have used forever is Lines to Arcs from Sketchucation.
Here you can see I explode your welded curve, (context menu off screen) then find two segments of equal length and use the plugin on those, you only need two to get the radius. And the plugin won’t work if the segments aren’t the same length.

Also, note the tilde showing in your dimensions, some of that is because you have the display precision set too course and some because you have length snapping enabled. Disable length snapping in all your template, it only leads to errors.

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks so much! I was able to duplicate your results.
Appreciate the help.
Have a great night

Actually, afternoon here, but thanks I will.

ah yes, just noticed your location. :slight_smile:

Is there an "easy"ish solution to do same on the other walls that don’t seem to have 2 segments of same length to use the plug in on?

Which wall doesn’t have two the same?

so far, the next 4 i have tried…(ie: 4,6,D)

Yes, I see 6.
There is an option, give me a sec.

i just figured out a crude way: copying a segment, pasting in outside the grouping. then copying it again and and aligning it with the radius of the original.

if there’s a better way that is easy and quick enough for you to explain to me, that would be great, otherwise Ill continue on this way…

cheers

That’s pretty much what I was recording.

yeah, more or less the same thing…

thanks again!

1 Like

It is of course easy to find the original centerpoint of an exploded arc with the Protractor tool

3 Likes

Would Chris Fullmer’s Arc Centerpoint Finder work for this?