Datasmith extension not Showing in Export

Hi, I’ve installed Unreal Engine 4.25.1 and the Datasmith exporter for Sketchup. It all installed nicely but when I go to Export a model the Datasmith file extension option is not on the list. Just wondering if I need to enable it somewhere else within Sketchup?

Have you restarted SketchUp after installing the extension? Does it show as enabled in the Extension Manager? Was SketchUp installed correctly? That is, did you right click on the downloaded installer and choose Run as administrator from the Context menu?

Cheers DaveR. Yes I’ve tried restarting and also rebooting. It’s not showing in the extension manager for some reason (maybe as it’s an external installer?). I tried reinstalling SKetchup again as an administrator and reinstalled Datasmith again. Have tried both Sketchup 2019 and 2020 and Datasmith 4.23. Still no joy. Any other help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Have you found a solution? could really appreciate some help!!

The Datasmith exporter extension for SketchUp appears under its own tool pallet. View>Tool Pallets> Datasmith. Export is the fourth button.

Screen Shot 2022-06-02 at 12.57.58 PM

You’re amazing. Thank you very much!!

1 Like

I see the datasmith in the toolbars and it is checked but i dont see the graphic tool. I toggle on and off and nothing. Thank you!!

It might be obscured by another extension pallet? Try moving things around if you have multiple extensions running. If you use two monitors try unplugging one to see it the pallet is stuck in monitor limbo. Also try SketchUp preferences “reset workspace”.

i tried all the above and still don’t see the datasmith pallet…rebooted and restarted it also…