Cutting a windowframe hole across 4 layers of wall

Hey all,

Long day with this, I gave up trying to get standard intersect tools or the Stencil tool to cut window holes in the wooden facia (panels) on my building. I tried many many things but could never get the Stencil to cut through the panels. So I did it all manually, cutting through a lot of panels individually.

It’s been tedious! I’d like to say I’ve learnt something here, come out the other side with an effective technique, but truth is, I’m settin myself a deadline for this so just went manual and grinded through it. I’m sure plenty of errors will come back to bite me in the butt when I come to render.

I tried a lot of different things, thanks to all suggestions but I could never get the drillling function of the stencil tool to successfully punch through the wood panels. It didn’t matter whether I punched from the rear, or in front of them, whether I punched on a flat (vertical) surface, or on an off-vertical angle. I’ts greatful it’s a free tool and appreciate no-one is on payroll for tech support! but I will upload my working SKP sometime soon, because if anyone can pull of what I’m trying to achieve, please be my guest.

Beyond the walls!
So I finished as much of the fascia as I want to for now and begun with tiling my roofs.

I’ve got 2 type of roof I guess… (3 hips which protrude out to a vertical face) (40degree pitch):

And the rest of the roofing are 35degree pitch.
I’ve got my 40degree roofs done already (fairly happy with them).

It’s all tiles, so it’s all geometry.

Brain’s a bit fried so I was wondering does anyone know of an effective technique to tile the rest of the roofing (given that the roofs are sloped) I come equipped with a lot of component tiles! :slight_smile:

So far it’s been easy in that I can just drag the tiles to the edge of the vertical (front)s of the property, and if you were to zoom into internal loft space, you would see that they’re not cut to the angles of the roof at all, they’re just pushing through into the model.

Could there be a truss tool I can use to pull this off?

thing

Thanks everyone who’s reading.
Link to download working file (17mb)

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.