Custom computer build

I am having a custom computer built and I want to make sure that the graphics card and processor are a good fit for SketchUp before I place the order. The machine the guy at the computer shop has configured will have the following:

  • Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake 3.7 GHz LGA 1151 Boxed Processor
  • Ballistix Sport LT 32GB 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit
  • Ventus GeForce RTX 2060 Super Overclocked Dual-Fan 8GB GDDR6 PCIe Video Card

Am I going overboard, is it not powerful enough or has anyone had any issues with any of the components listed? I’d be interested in any feedback. I will be modeling custom homes just to give an idea of the load.
Thanks!

That’s plenty. Probably more than you need, but at least you can play some sweet vidya!

It should be quite enough. CPU performance (single-thread) is in the top part of the chart, and the price is IMO reasonable. 6 cores give you 12 threads for rendering with a plugin or rendering application.

This is one I’ve just built https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Q4twNQ for SketchUp/Enscape, it’s a beast.
Nvidia just upped the specs of the RTX cards (look for the ones called Super) without upping the price. Theoretically you should be getting a 2060 Super for the same cost or even a 2070 non Super.

Pcpartspicker is a great site for sorting a build, be sure to change it to your country so you’ll see local suppliers/costs.