Curic New Extension: Recall Command

Curic Recall Command
Recall the last native tool or ruby command.

How to use it?

• You need to set a shortcut for Recall Command and the shortcut key is " Space " to replace Selection Tool.

• Pressing the Space key once to select Selection Tool

• Double-press the Space key would recall the last command

SketchUp version: 2016+
OS Compatibility: Windows, macOS

Get the plugin here.

Hope you like it!
Thanks

2 Likes

I have always thought this was a missing function in native SU, one that is common in other applications. So I am would like to try it out. But it looks like it is a paid for extension (though you do get to name your price). So no “try before you buy” option?

1 Like

I think Curic is inviting you to name a fair price.

You could put in $0, try it and if it’s useful go back and get a ‘paid’ version…?
(don’t know if it’s possible to do that - go back that is)

1 Like

Yes indeed. I’m torn because I would feel mean putting in something nominal like $1 if it proved as useful as I hope but I don’t really want to pay anything if I don’t find it useful. First world problem!

1 Like

I know how you feel.

I’ve put in £0 for some of their plugins but I have DIO and some other plugins and I paid for their beta Pie Menu so I didn’t feel too mean…

Just come back and pay more later.

OK, so I’ve paid a nominal $1 for evaluation and can confirm that it does what it says on the tin.

It is probably asking too much, but I was rather hoping it might recall a command that uses a modifier key. A common task is copying using Move-Alt (on Mac). But the recall function only work son the Move part. Hey ho!

The Ruby API currently does not provide a way to detect command modifier locks for native tools, nor does developer guidelines propose a way for other extensions to gain this information from other author’s Ruby tools as they run.

So Dan, I think you’re saying that it’s not possible, however clever you are at coding!

Correct. Not currently with the API in any SketchUp version.

(But I did not speak to OS specific “hacks” that might “watch” the keyboard. Probably easier on Windows than MacOS. On the latter, AFAIK, it is treated as a security risk and may not be allowed depending upon the MacOS version.)

Uploading: Test.mp4…

Thank you very much for the plugin, but it has a bug, you need to fix it after a long time using the plugin, the context menu of other plugins disappears

1 Like

Hello,
I need to say that this plugin makes some terrible havoc with other plugins in SketchUp 2020.
Until I install it, everything works just fine, but only when I install it, lots of plugins disappear from my dropdowm menus (despite being installed and enabled in extension manager), thus they become unusable. ThomThom’s plugins seem to be particularly vulnerable. Plugins that will disappear are e.g.: Pick It, Component Replacer (Component Dropper), Selection Memory, Rotate and Scale - these are all from ThomThom, and are normally listed under Tools menu (instead of Extensions), but many extensions in “Extensions” menu will disappear too. Plugins that will keep their menus, but won’t be possible to launch are e.g.: CleanUp (by ThomThom) and Faces to Groups.
I need to remove Curic Recall Command and restart SketchUp to bring things back into order.
So far I don’t have any problem in SU 2021.

2 Likes