Crosshatch Fill Patterns

I am doing a simple cross section of component made up of several sub components. I cannot find simple engineering drawing cross-section fill patterns to distinguish one sub-component from another. I can see “Patterns” under “Materials” but they seem to be scaled for much larger objects in section - for instance, the checkerboard pattern only produces black if I use it in a subcomponent. I can use colours, I guess, in lieu of cross hatch patterns, but would still like to know if they exist within Sketchup Shop.
Thanks.
Doug

You could import a suitable image and apply it to the face as a texture.

Dave R,
I designed a simple pattern in CorelDraw.
How does one make it seamless?
How does one apply it to the face as a texture?
Water Pattern.skp (2.5 MB)
Thanking you in advance.
DJH

You ought to be able to make it seamless in Corel Draw or in an image editor. Do a Google search for that for Draw. I expect you’ll get a bunch of tutorials.

You should make it match as a ‘tile’ in corel. The sides and top and bottom should be ‘the same’ or the matching half.
Here I have done it within sketchup.
You can see using your image as a material the ends can’t meet because of the way you have created it.
But if I cut off the edges at a matching point it flows through without the obvious transition.
Seamless

3 Likes

Box, thank you very much.

If you want to use the patterns, you can adjust the scale of any texture by using the context menu.