Crop a JPEG to fit shed front

HI all,

I’ve had a good look around and can’t seem to find the answer to my question, I apologies if this has been covered before.

I have downloaded a painted wooden plank texture from textures.com for the sides and front of a shed.

I can easily import the image and fit it onto the sides, they are rectangular, the problem I have is the front and back as these have the roof angles on them. I can place the image over the front face but as the downloaded texture is square I need to trim off the excess that extend beyond the roof angles. I also need to cut out window and door holes in the image to match the original.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Stiggie

1 Like

Can you share your file or some screen shots so we can better understand what’s going on.

Are you importing the images as textures and applying them with the paint bucket? It sounds like perhaps not, but are importing an image and trying to size it to the geometry. Importing diffferent ways makes the image behave differently inside sketchup, in this case you want to make a texture on the surface of your shed, then the surfaces will stay painted no matter how you cut or change them.

Check out this section on import options.
https://help.sketchup.com/it/article/3000114

Check out this youtube video about importing custom textures

CD

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.