Creating Organic Curves: Sketchup Web

Hello hive mind,

I’m relatively new to SketchUp web, having previously used it only a handful of times for some relatively simple things such as mocking up extremely basic woodworking designs so please excuse me if I’m asking a silly question here.

I’d like to make a model of the attached image so I can have this 3d printed as a cookie cutter, however I’m completely stuck as to how to make the organic looking curves. My searching led me to a Trimble help article that said you can simple use the line tool, and as you’re dragging the line out you should be able to add a curve like you would with the pen tool in Photoshop, however I can’t seem to be able to do this?

After failing to be able to do this I’ve tried using a series of 2 point arcs, however this results in jarring/pointed intersections rather than having the appearance of a single flowing line.

Is there something obvious that I’m missing here or is this functionality not available in the free web version? If it’s not possible to drag a line to add curvature, what is the best way I should approach this?

Thanks in advance!

No attachment.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.