- I had programming experience before, but It’s my first time to write SketchUp extension.
- I had problem on zipping the folder to make up a RBZ file (Detail explained in following)
- OS: Windows 10, CPU Intel® Core i5 @2.50 GHz, SketchUp 2019 Pro.
Before I post this tag, I have read:
However, I didn’t find a solution after all.
OK, let’s see… I have a folder on my desktop named “my_ext_1.0”.
And inside this folder, there are two parts: one is a sub-folder, named “ext_subfolder” (contains a rb file “ext_main.rb” and a folder “ext_images”); Another is a rb file “ext_loader.rb”.
Let’s make it clear:
my_ext_1.0 >> ext_subfolder (ext_main.rb + ext_images) + ext_loader.rb
Now, I am ready to publish this into a SketchUp extension.
- I send “my_ext_1.0” to the compressed folder, and get a “my_ext_1.0.zip”
- I renamed “my_ext_1.0.zip” to “my_ext_1.0.rbz”, the logo of the zipped file changed to SketchUp Ruby Extension RBZ icon.
- I open the SketchUp 2019, windows -> extension manager -> install extension -> select “my_ext_1.0.rbz”
- I restart the SketchUp 2019, AND DID NOT FIND MY EXTENSION THERE.
- I check in file explorer:
In the plugin folder, I was surprised that:
Instead of having two files “ext_subfolder” and “ext_loader.rb”, I actually got a combined folder “my_ext_1.0”.
When installing an rbz file, the zipped file is meat to be exploded, all the inside parts should go into the Plugins folder. However, I believe the problem is due to when I install my “my_ext_1.0.rbz” file, this file was regarded as an entity to added into Plugin folder.
I will be so grateful if someone offers help.