Constant bug splats without any actions

Hi there,

I’m having an issue with Sketchup crashing after a couple minutes with bug splats on a continual basis, without any actions. I’ve reinstalled several times, deleted temp files, and gone through other help topics with similar issues but with no luck. I ran the program without any hiccups for a couple months, then it started crashing sporadically, and now I can’t even run the program at all. Anyone have similar issues or other things I should do to try to make it work again?

I’m running Windows 10 64-bit, Processor - AMD A4-7300 APu with Radeon HD Graphics 3.8GHz. 16 gb ram.

(SketchUp pro version 16.1.1449 64-bit)

Thanks!

Check to see if you have an app called Plays.tv which was recently installed with a Radeon GPU update. It is well known to be causing problems for SketchUp users. This app was packed with the GPU update recently and seems to cause what you’re describing. Remove the app and SketchUp should go back to playing nicely.

You can also check if you have any plugins installed. I don’t know if plugins are purged when uninstalling SU.

Have you checked for Radeon update or patch release;
The windows task manager had a huge upgrade some time back I have 7 so don’t know what has been done for 10 but start that then select the performance tab and then in bottom right the resource monitor and you may get a clues for problem from the info its pages shown;
It sounds like the program is running out of resources and runs out of memory. Since you have pro you should ask Trimble tech support to take a look. Have you checked for any w10 patches or updates? Make sure you have a restore point set before doing that.

Hi there,

I am having the same issues. I am getting a bug splat notification that constantly closes the program. I have the pro trial currently for school but will be go back to the regular one once my trial is up.

My computer specs are Acer E 17 E5-722G-86B3

Processor
Processor Type AMD A8-7410
Processor Cores 4
Processor Speed 2.2 GHz
Processor Cache 2 MB L2 cache
Storage & Memory
Hard Drive Capacity 1 TB
Hard Drive Speed (Revolutions Per Minute) 5400 rpm
SSD Function Not Applicable
Solid-State Hybrid Drive No
RAM Size 8 GB
RAM Type SODIMM DDR3
RAM Speed 1066 MHz
Optical Drive SuperMulti - DVD
Built-in Memory Card Reader Yes
Memory Card Reader-Compatible Memory Types 2-in-1 Card Reader

Graphics
Graphics Chipset AMD R5 M335
Video Memory Configuration Dedicated
Dedicated Video Memory Size 2 GB
Wireless Display (WiDi) Capable No

Can I please get some help with this?? I have assignments coming up that are due and need help asap!!

Also, I have already deleted the plays.tv app

Thanks