Compound Curve Help

I am modeling half of a boat hull design I am working on. I want to add a 3 inch dead-rise at the bow from the guide points going forward, but keeping the same radius as the side. What is the easiest way to get this done?KM-14 Draft.skp (301.7 KB)

Deadrise is typically measured in degrees not inches. I also varies as one moves along the keel from bow to stern.

Thanks for the tip! :roll_eyes: Do you what tool is the easiest to do what I’m asking?

I can’t help you with the deadrise issue, but I looked quickly at your model.

The chine has multiple lines, and most of the bottom face of the boat is reversed - see this image taken from underneath, near the bow, with View/Hidden geometry turned on.

Depending on what you want to do with the model, this will probably cause problems later in your use of the drawing.

How did you draw the bottom, which appears to have the problems? The side face looks clean.

For fun, I’ve deleted the bottom, redrawn it by ‘hand stitching’ it as a separate component, using the existing centre profile and chine, with Endpoints turned on to make it easier to pick the corners.

Added the stern/transom face, and made it a plane, exploded the whole thing and made it a single solid component, and you now have a more cleanly modelled half of your hull.

Here it is
KM-14 Draft - now solid.skp (206.9 KB)

Looking like this, again with hidden lines turned on:

And with hidden lines turned off:

Thank you Sir! I’ll look at it when I get back in front of my computer. Additionally, Thank You for helping without giving me a lecture that has nothing to do with my problem. It’s refreshing :+1:t2:
Thanks Again

2 Likes