Components Options Window is Blank

Suddenly my component’s selected window is not working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, rebooted, to no avail. Component Attributes working fine. Wondering if there is something else, I can do to get it working?

What do you mean by “not working”? Be specific.

What version of SketchUp are you using? Complete your forum profile with that information.

Sorry, should have been more specific. Component window opens but has no detail. All my custom attributes are in the Component Attribute but are not showing in the Component windows. Sketchup 2023 Pro.

Show a screenshot of what you are seeing.

Did you install SketchUp correctly? That requires right clicking on the installer and choosing Run as administrator.

So you are referring to Dynamic Components not the Components window which is part of the tray.

First try repairing the installation of SketchUp. Close it, find the installer in your Downloads folder, right click on it, choose Run as administrator and then Repair. Do a cold reboot of the computer after it completes.

Share the component with us so we can have a look at it.

And, agan, please update your forum profile. That information helps us help you.

I moved your thread to the Dynamic Components category and updated the title so it more clearly identifies the problem.

Rebooted a few more times and all sorted for now. Not too sure how to add to my profile?

Did you repair the installation as I directed? if you didn’t install SketchUp correctly you should do that anyway.

Click on the V in the brown circle at the top right of the forum window, click on the person icon and then the gear icon. You should be able to figure it out from there.

There is a known issue, that I talked about in this post:

The problem looks like it doesn’t have a high priority for fixing, partly because it’s easy to avoid.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.