Coloring text

PRIOR THREAD FROM MARK SAYS THAT LAYOUT 2018 CANNOT CHANGE TEXT COLOR? I TRIED HIS WORKAROUND FROM PRIOR THREAD;

That’s a new bug in LayOut 2018, sorry about that!

Here’s a workaround:
Create a label.
Select that label. - NOT THE TEXT INSIDE THE LABEL BOX?
Set the font color so the label looks the way you want. HOW DO YOU DO THIS? SELECT THE TARGET AND THEN DRAG THE COLOR FROM THE TRAY? DOES NOT WORK. THE LABEL BOX ITSELF TAKES ON COLOR BUT NOT THE TEXT ITSELF. AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG?

Switch to the label tool. OK LAUNCH A NEW LABEL FOR ADDING COLOR TO.
Press the “s” key to activate the style sampler. LIKE AN ATRIBUTE PICKER/PAINTER, A KEYBOARD SHORTCUT
Click on the throw-away label to sample the text color into the label tool. OK I UNDERSTAND THE IDEA
Note that this will sample the entire label style, not just the text color. ROGER, THAT WORKS FOR MAKING ALL TEXT SAME, COULD BE LEGIT WORKAROUND

SO MY VERSION OF LAYOUT 2018 APPARENTLY WILL NOT CHANGE THE COLOR OF THE FONT. EITHER IN A TEXT BOX OR LABEL. REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU HAVE TO DO IT BY ABSORBING ATTRIBUTES (STYLES) FROM OTHER LABELS. WHAT A BUMMER. A HUGE FEATURE OMISSION. BUG IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT.

AM I MISSING SOMETHING?

You definitely have issues with fonts or styles and caps, from what I have seen…:smiley:
Could you give us the link to your specific thread in which gave you the workaround?

Mike. Sorry. I was trying to copy/paste parts of the thread into the post. To avoid linking… to a dead recommendation. Cant remember where I read the original.

Yeah the caps look bad… I was trying to make a distinction to quotes vs my words. Ignore please. Still looking for colorizing text in Layout assistance. Any experience with that?

No worries. The trick is to select the parts out of which the labels are ‘built’ .
One click selects the Label, double clicking prepares the label to be edited. if you loose the ‘bounded’ arrows, you can select the leader arrow or text:

with the elements selected, you can change it’s appearance with the Shape,Text or Pattern panel…

Found the problem. I did not have the right tray launched. Now see the tools I need. Thanks for the visual.

1 Like