CNC plasma cutter

Hmm, ok cool. Is there a way to convert the dxf to stl and keep the pure curve? Reason i ask, my printer uses a propriatery code format and wont except gcode from slicer. I have to import a stl file, then set the settings and export as a 3w file for the printer to read haha.

Thanks

There are some DXF to STL file conversion utilities and some Web Based apps. Do a google search.

All I know is that you have to have a sketchup solid (has volume) for the 3D printer to work properly.

Yes, luckily, before i got my printer, DaveR had a very lengthy conversation with me about solids and what it means. So i got used to making sure all parts were capable of being componet solids before i export as stl. I never make them a component and then export. I usually make them a component to check if its a solid, then explode and export as stl. Reason being, because i continually edit my parts haha.

Solid inspecter squared has been a great tool for me. Im just hoping that the plugin “export stl” keeps arc info and curve data so i dont wear out me printer.

I will be trying your plugin soon. In fact, i know a gent who could use this plugin. Im going to let him know asap.

Whats the exact name of it?

Thanks

GKWare_Simple_DXF

It is available on my webiste and on Sketchucation. Still waiting for Sketchup Extension to pass it.

cabmaker32.com

Perfect. Thanks for that. Ill give it a shot and il let my friend know as well.