Can't Open File. Help?

3D Model Guzelsu Final (1).skp (2.2 MB) Please Help Me, I have a submission tomorrow and I can’t open this file. this file was a .skb file before Even though I changed the extension to .skp

It looks like your file has become corrupted. Have you been saving the file to a cloud location?

It might be that @colin can work some magic although when he is able to recover corrupted files, it seems he only gets the components. Hopefully you were using components.

I edited the title of your thread to make it more clear what your thread is about.

Thank you @DaveR,
I was working with Autosave but I didn’t save cloud location, also I was working with groups but there were some components also.
Thank you for your attention.

Hopefully Colin will be able to come up with something for you.It might not hurt to get started on a new model, though. Just in case.

By the way, what version of SketchUp are you actually using? Your profile indicates a non-existent version. That information can be useful in helping you.

I am using Sketchup 2019 version 19.1.174, Yes I’ve already started.

Your profile indicates you are using Make. Maybe you could correct that since there is no 2019 Make.

Good luck.

Save frequently and maybe even incrementally so you have something to go back to.

I couldn’t get anything useful out of the file. skb is a copy of the previous save, so it’s likely that the auto save file will also have problems. Still, try going to this folder, and see if there are any versions of the file there:

%LocalAppData&\SketchUp\SketchUp 2019\SketchUp\working\SKETCHUP\RecoveredFiles

It is empty :frowning: