Can't lookup license using the license manager page

I recently bought a new computer, and I’m trying to get SketchUp installed on it. I had backed up the installation file for 2016, but my ISP stopped providing email service and deleted all my old emails, so while I can get the serial number from the copy of SketchUp 2016 on my old computer, I don’t have the authorization code, and trying to retrieve it using the License Manager page doesn’t work, because it just sends it to a dead address. Copying the license file doesn’t work, because it’s a different computer. Is there anything else I can try?

You’re long out of official support but you could hope that @colin has a soft heart and sends you the license information.

My heart is on the soft side, and your timing was good. Wasn’t planning on spending much of Sunday in the forum!

You should be able to retrieve your license now with your gmail address instead of the old cableone address.

If it doesn’t work right away, try again in 30 minutes. Changes like the one I made can take a little bit of time to propagate.

1 Like

Thank you so much! Worked right away, and SketchUp 2016 took it, so I can get back to building! The old PC is on its last legs, so I’m trying to get everything working on the new one before the old drive dies.

If the old PC can still open SketchUp, you might as well remove the license there, in case you need to add the license to another new PC.

1 Like