Can't get Dimensions tool

I recently spun up a new computer. I wanted to install Sketchup Make 2015 since that was what I was using before, but as far as I can tell, it no longer exists anywhere to download. So I got Sketchup Make 2017, which is fairly similar.

I’d like to add visible dimensions to my project, but the Dimensions tool doesn’t exist on my default toolbar, which I believe is the “Getting Started” toolbar. I did some research and I don’t think you can modify that toolbar. I created a new toolbar that I wanted to customize with just the tools I regularly use.

Looking around, I found the Dimensions tool within the Construction toolbar. I tried dragging it to my new custom toolbar expecting it to copy there. But the only thing it did was to delete it from the construction toolbar.

First, is there any way to get it back? Second, since it appears that dragging a tool from an existing tool bar removes it from that toolbar, is there a way for me to add tools to a toolbar other than by moving them from another toolbar?

I don’t know if this has anything to do with anything, but whenever I open the dialog box via View/Toolbars… every time I do anything, there seems to be a longish delay while the “busy” wheel spins. I’ve only seen this problem within this dialog box. The rest of Sketchup works without delay. Is this just my machine or is this a common issue?

Use Ctrl when you drag the tools to make a copy.
The Toolbar dialog has a reset button, select the toolbar you want to fix and click reset and the tool will come back. Don’t use reset all unless you want to put all toolbars back to default.

You also turn on the Large Toolset, a lot of people are happy with that.

Perfect. Solved everything. I’d just started making changes to the toolbars this morning, so a total reset didn’t undo anything I cared about. Thanks so much!