Cannot find Components Panel - Menus in Windows SU2019 not the same as in tutorials based on SketchUp 2018 (for Mac)

Wonder if I should just use 2018 so I don’t run into these problems??

Pretty lame that all my searching and still cannot find component panel in 2019 to display as shown in tutorial???

Capture

What tutorial? If it is on a windows machine, the 2018 version wouldn’t be any different?
Does it pop up in your current version? Do you have more than one screen?

1 Like

That screenshot is from a MAC.
You say you are on Windows, in all recent SketchUp versions on Windows [since v2016] - all of the special browser dialogs like ‘Components’ are in a ‘tray’. It’s quite different on a MAC…
The first item in the Window menu dropdown is ‘Default-Tray’
This will open a tray in the dock-able side-bar containing several expandable dialogs - like Components and Entity-Info etc…
You can add/remove entries in that tray using the appropriate menu items below the first one…
PS: Here’s a good explanation…
https://danieltal.com/sketchup-2016-trays-vs-windows/

3 Likes

The Components item don’t show up under Windows drop down menu item as shown in video tutorial?? I assumed this was due to using a different version.

Are there other settings that change menu content?

Thanks, Brian

What video tutorial? If the tutorial you refer to was done on Mac, the user interface looks a little different. In SU2019 on Windows, the Components panel shows up in the Default tray. If it isn’t there, go to Window>Default Tray and select it. If the tray isn’t visible, enable it in the Window menu or if you’ve unpinned it, hover on the tab to make it fly out.

Screenshot%20-%208_16_2019%20%2C%2010_24_55%20AM

3 Likes