Cannot Create Account

Apologies if this is not in the correct Category. I’m having problems creating my Trimble account. I had originally wanted to download Sketchup Free, but I couldn’t get past the registration process, as I have not received my activation email. I’ve checked in Junk Mail and I have tried a couple of times.

I finally found a link that would allow me to download Sketchup Make 2017, but I’m not sure how to resolve registration problem in the event that I want to convert to Pro at the end of my 30-day trial.

I saw where a community expert managed to help someone else, so hoping that my problem is discovered and resolved in similar fashion.

Thanks for any assistance.
RicketyTiger

You should be ok with SketchUp Make 2017 and it may actually serve you more effectively than SketchUp Free because you can customize your installation of Make with various plugins (extensions) which cannot be accomplished with the web version.

One downside is that Trimble will no longer support Make so no future updates, but the software will continue to function as always. I don’t think you will have the option to convert to Pro after the 30 day trial, but I am not sure about this. Nevertheless, you can simply let the Pro trial expire and use the Make version to your heart’s content.

I will attempt to help with your inability to create an SU for Web account by pinging members of the SketchUp Team. Once the SU Team gets involved with this they may be able to correct the issue or at least they will be able to direct this conversation to the appropriate person if they can’t fix it themselves.

You should amend your post by sending me a Private Message with your email address. (It is preferred that you not post your private information publicly on the Forum.) That way I can forward your contact info to the SU Team members as soon as I receive it and that may help them to more quickly assist you.

So I’ve now spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to edit this post & send a private message to the moderator. I’m presuming that this reply is public…

where are instructions on sending private messages? I am not a forum(s) groupie and I am kinda old – ancient, to be exact…

Click the avatar of the person you want to send a message to.
Then click ‘Message’ at the top/right:
see:

There is a bit of a catch 22 with this, I believe you need a couple of posts before the Message Button becomes visible.
I may be wrong on that as it has been a while since I was new. But there are certain restrictions that change as your post count goes up.

New users can by replying to their first message:
You can click on your avatar, and check the messages (middle icon):

There should be a ‘Welcome to the community’ message from a Staff Member/Moderator.
Scroll all the way down, You can get a moderator by replying that message:

Hi @RicketyTiger,

I apologize for not including directions on how to send a Private Message. I usually do that, but forgot in this case and I see that @Wo3Dan provided the instructions for you.

I have sent an alert to the SU Team and when you PM me with your contact info, I will forward that to them as well. Unfortunately, I am not able to correct the issue myself.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.