Can someone tell me how to set shading for southern hemisphere , the default seems to be for nth

geolocation
shadows

shading in sth hemis

I was sure that it is controlled by adjusting the UTC indication under Shadow Settings. This may not be absolutely accurate relative to global timezones but it can closely represent local time based on sunrise/sunset horology.

Geo Locate your model into the Southern Hemisphere…

you can save a template for your locale…

john

l have tried the UTC settings and it just changes from night to day. All nth hem

Geo location was the answer- thanks

thanks, but l seem to have to take a landscape attachment rather than just the zone settings. l just want the model to reflect appropriate shadows

I never use it but if you search for how to add it through ‘Model Info’ > ‘Location’ > ‘Advanced’…

thanks again , legend

Actually, you get two objects, a snapshot of the area and a model of the terrain with the snapshot projected onto it. Each object is on its own like-named layer. You can either toggle between the two using the Layers dialog or using the Show Terrain Checkbox (File > Geo-location > Show Terrain).

To get rid of them, first unlock the groups (right-click > Unlock), then just select and hit Delete. Of course, that still leaves the two extra layers. Perhaps better yet, just delete the layer in the Layer Manager, and when it asks what to do with the contents, check the Delete radio button.

-Gully

To aid manual geolocation, Google Maps will display the coordinates of any place if you right-click on the map and select the “What’s Here” option from the contextual menu.

Anssi

Geo-locate your model this way…
Window > Model Info > Geo-location > Advanced Settings > Set Manual Location

There are four parameters you must set to display shadows that accurately portray the real world.

• Geographic Orientation — Relationship of True North to the model.
• Geographic Location — Latitude and Longitude
• Time — Year, Month, Day, Hour and Minute
• UTC Offset — The difference between local time and the Coordinated Universal Time standard.