Can I run 2019 Pro and the latest SketchUp version on the same machine?

Hi All

I have a problem with a plugin that I suspect may be related to it no longer being fully compatible with 2019 Pro.

I am prepared to upgrade to the latest version of SketchUp if it solves the issue but I wonder whether I can run both versions on the same machine while I investigate the issue?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

You should be able to run both with no problem. I have 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018 and 3.1 on this machine and they all work.

What plugin is it that doesn’t work for you?

Thanks Dave. I wont mention the name just now as it may be a problem my end

Something to know about, your 2019 classic license can’t be upgraded to either 2020 or 2021, but you can get the special discount for two years of subscription, even though you’re not under support at the moment.

If you look into that, and try to do it online, your glasspace email is the one to sign in under, as it’s the email on the license.

Thanks for that info Colin

Hi Colin

Could you explain how the special discount works please? Do I still get to keep my 2019 licence?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, your currently installed SketchUps will continue to work, and in the future you could remove the 2019 license from an old machine, and activate 2019 on a new machine.

The computers that you can use by signing in to your subscription need not be the same computers that have the classic licenses. For the discount side of things, either you would look for an email from SketchUp that talks about the migration offer, and use the link in that email, or you would sign in to sketchup.com with the email address that your Classic license is assigned to. Then the purchasing system should pick up on the fact that you are eligible for the 60% discount.

If you wanted to be sure, you could call the UK distributor, probably Elmtec, and do the migration discount deal over the phone.

Great - thank you.