Bug - "information" window makes Sketchup crash

Hi there!
Since this morning I can use the “information” window, everytime I touch it it makes sketchup close all en crash. It is not the first time this happen to me, last time it was with the “scene” window, for a few days the same thing, every time I would close it or touch it with the mouse it would close all. So this seem to happens sometime, randomly with window tools we need.
Did this happen to anyone? Can I do something to fix it, or just wait?

If no solution, does anyones know how to change acceed to an object’s information without needing this window tool? or change an element from one layer to another without using the window “information”?
If you ever had this problem or if you thing you could have solutions please share it with me :wink:
Best regards

I think you need to be more specific what window you are talking about (Model Info? Entity Info? Something from a plugin?).

1 Like

Sorry, my sketchup is in french and my english is not so good
It is the Entity Info window

1 Like

which version of SketchUp…

which version of OS X …

john

1 Like

Skethchup Pro 2017
Mac OS High Sierra, version 10.13.2

1 Like

the best version for High Sierra is SU Version 18.0.16976…

the last update of SU v17 for mac also had some ‘fixes’ that help…

john

1 Like

I mean this time the crush occures with the “entity info” window, but last time it was with the “scene” window, so I don’t know if it is much of a thing of which window but more on why to interact with a window makes Sketchup crash?

oh! so I should install Sketchup pro 2018?

As @john_drivenupthewall says, make sure you have the latest 2017 version which is 17.3.116 for Mac.

If you have that already, and still have the problem, consider upgrading to v2018 Pro.

1 Like

Sorry, I am really bad at this
How can I know which specific version I do have?

I found it! I have the 17.2.2554, si I have to update sketchup
thank you very much for your answers!

You can get the latest version for 2017 from Download All | SketchUp. The SketchUp/Check for Update menu item tells me that the Update service has been discontinued for this version - perhaps because I already have v17.3.116?

1 Like

GREAT! Apparently, problem solved! Latest Pro 2017 seems to work better on that.
Thank you very very much for your helps!

That’s good. Could you mark one of the responses as ‘Solution’ to help others with the same issue?

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.