Best Mouse to use with SketchUP Pro on a MacBook Pro with macOS 11?

Updated driver to lastest version 2 weeks ago which is supposed to work for 10.15.7. Updated macOS to latest available version which is 10.15.7 2 weeks ago. That’s when everything broke. This would indicate that either macOS or the driver has issues. Certainly drivers are the first assumed culprit. But having seen other issues with the new macOS 10.15.7 update and then the difference between the older machine and the newer machine, I tend to believe that the rate of the upgrade path is so fast for macOS that it outpaces drivers.

Wish that logitech would make a larger trackball mouse with more buttons that fit bear hands like mine.

1 Like

It is entirely up the maker to ensure their drivers are compatible with OS updates.

The reason I’m stuck with CADMouse is the dedicated third button.
I’m still waiting for a proper driver/helper for shortcuts on macOS, here Logitech MX wins.

I was looking for your answer Aaron. Thank you bro!

Geez, who let chatGPT out of his cage again ?

I have the mx pro and it’s great but not enough buttons for sketchup so I got one of those mice with the 12 buttons on the side and it’s great for sketchup. I use it for quick inference locking as example and other common commands. I now have both mice permanently sitting on my desk. The mouse I got is the logitech g600 but there are others.

It does have 1 flaw though. It has 3 actual buttons on top (4 with the scroll wheel button) and I tried to change the actual right button to be right click functionality (natively it’s the 2nd or now middle button that does right clicking like a normal mouse would) and it won’t take the binding in the terrible logitech software so I had to implement a macro to do it and with that, it doesn’t work on certain specific scenarios. It’s fine for sketchup though. I’m used to those old school actual 3 button mice with a real middle button and the right click is with the ring finger.

I agree with the MX Master 3 for Mac for a mouse.

Add in a Space Mouse for ease of 3 plane orbiting and
an Elgato StreamDeck XL for quick one-button short-cut keys and its pretty sweet.

Now I just need the new SU icons at a min. of 96 x 96 pixels. (In dark mode would be cool)

Chat GPT again.