Looking forward to meeting everyone at Basecamp that I’ve watched and conversed with all of these years! Looking forward to some learning and trading knowledge!
Not that there isn’t going to be an amazing amount of great sessions, but in the interest of getting all we can out of Basecamp………
I am specifically interested to know if any of you that are exclusively using Sketchup and Layout for residential design and construction documents would like to organize a side chat at Basecamp for comparing notes, methods, and process.
About me: I’ve been using Sketchup for my design process since the @Last days (about 2004) and dumped AutoCad for exclusive use of Sketchup and Layout for my design and construction documents since 2012.
Some of the specific items that I’d be interested in discussing:
- How are we all drawing building sections?
- How are we all drawing and organizing construction details?
- Are there (dynamic) component element libraries to be shared? Doors, windows, etc.
- What plug ins are we using?
- How do we handle site plans and grading?
Let me know who’s interested. Maybe we can bring laptops and share files. Do it at Basecamp or after hours over a drink. I have a ticket for the Wednesday to Friday sessions.
Some images of my work: