"Bad /BBox" Font error when exporting as 2D pdf

When ever I export a 2D image to pdf that includes dimensions or labels, will get a “The font 'Tahoma” contains a bad /BBox.

I have tried different fonts and get the same result. Anyone have a solution for this (other then not using labels)

James

When you installed SketchUp, did you do it correctly? That is, did you right click on the installer exe file and choose Run as administrator? Weird things can happen if you don’t. There are numerous threads that include the whys so I won’t repeat them.

Do you have Acrobat or Acrobat Reader installed?

Sketchup is running as admin. I use acrobat X. Have seen the same error come up on other devices using reader or full versions of acrobat.

I have had this similar problem since 2015, It is more an annoyance then anything as once error is cleared when opening the pdf it is fine.

That’s not the same as installing SketchUp with Run as administrator. At least to remove any question, you should close SketchUp, find the installer exe, right click on it and choose Run as administrator. Then choose the Repair option when it presents itself.

The error message you are getting has to do with Adobe seeing one of more bad glyph bounding boxes. Do you get the same error if you create a PDF from LayOut?

I have rerun the installer as admin, and ran the repair installation. The issue is still showing up. I then uninstalled sketchup 2018 and reinstalled as admin and the issue continues to occur.

I do not get this error when I export to pdf from layout.