Autosave file

Hello, i was working and suddenly sketchup crashed. i have turned off autosave. is any chanse sketchup saved any file anywhere? :pensive: :pensive:

Which version of SketchUp are you using? You posted in the SketchUp for Web category but your profile says you are using SketchUp 2017 Make.

aah sorry for wrong location of post. i use 2017 for me. but some days ago i imported my file in SKP 2020 and worked during 4-5 hours. suddenly it crashed and i lost my work, because SU 2020 user who is my colleague has turned off autosave and i did not know about this. i have not idea what to do. i itried to create same model it is very hard because i was working so hardly about details. i asked him for search a autosave file in his PC but he said no it is not saved anywhere. is it possible to find autosave file anywhere?
i never turn off autosave on my SU because it crashes very very often and i know i will lose my work.

So we’re talking about SketchUp 2020? Did you try just restarting SketchUp to see if the file shows as a recovered file? It would look something like this:

Is this on a Windows machine of Mac? If on Windows, you could also look in User/AppData/Local/SketchUp/SketchUp 2020/SketchUp/Working?SKETCHUP/RecoveredFiles

In the future please make it clear what version you are using. Things are different between versions and that can affect the answers you get when you ask for help. I’ll move your thread this time.

I use Sketchup make 2017, but as i said some days ago i was allowed to enjoy with sketchup 2020 for first time and i was so glad. i imported my file in Sketchup 2020 and started using. after 5 hours it crashed and autosave feature was turn off. i tried to open Sketchup again but there was no any autosave file. i asked to my colleague how could i find my autosave file and he answered me it is not possible because he had turned off autosave. :pensive:

It may be that there is no autosaved file but there might be a recovered file. Look in the location I gave you.

thank you i will try or ask give him this location because as i said it is not my pc. thank you again

Good luck.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.