AR kit tape measures and room capture

I’m sure a raft of these apps will be appearing soon and obvious accuracy issues aside, I’ve tried a couple and they are certainly within the realms of usefulness, but TapMeasure actually sends you a .Skp file of the room capture.
I thought it would just be a rough and ready outline but it identifies vertical planes after you have set the ceiling height as well so you can add and tag doors and windows.

As a bit of a test, I used it yesterday at a clients, where they wanted to remove/ alter some walls between four rooms and reconfigure some furniture, so rather than do a full measure, I used TapMeasure to record the 4 rooms with door an window locations, the app sends you a link to the .skp to your email, I DL’d the files, cut and pasted them into single file on my MacBook and did a quick to scale outline sketch scheme including furniture, sat with the client in about 15 mins, she thought it was brilliant!
I was a bit skeptical of these apps but actually in that sort of scenario for fairly accurate simple room capture it worked really well. I haven’t really done any comparison measures yet asi was pushed for time (I assume distance might be a factor with AR kit???) but getting an immediate sketchup file is very useful. There is no iPad specific app yet but it works in the usual scaled up iPhone manner.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.