Apply texture on stretched surface

sketchup
advice

Hi, how to resolve the problem with applying texture on stretched surfaces without rebuilding.

Can Someone Help Me Texture a Complex Chair with Rattan?

the problem is that:

1. i cant see “position texture” selection on right click. In which situation does this happen?
  2. why when i aply new texture it get stretched?

You only see a Texture… submenu in the context-menu when there is a selected face [which has a textured-material].
If you have applied the textured material onto a ‘container’ [i.e. a group or component], then it cannot be modified using Texture…
If it’s a ‘container’ then select it and in Entity Info reset its material to the default-material.
Now edit the ‘container’.
Check that its faces are properly oriented - View > Monochrome mode with a distinctive back-face color - if there are reversed faces, then select them and context-menu 'Reverse…'
Now paint the required textured-material onto the faces.
Use the context-menu Texture toolset to position/rotate etc as desired…
If you want to copy a particular texture’s set up onto another face you can use the Material Browser’s eyedropper tool to sample the required settings and immediately paint the other face[s].
If some faces form a larger surface and you want a single seamless texture, then consider selecting one good face and Texture > Projected… then sample that with the eyedropper and paint the related faces in that surface…

You only see Texture in the context menu when you right click a face that has a material applied to itself. If it shows a material inherited from a parent group or component the option isn’t available.

If a texture is stretched when first applied you can check in the Material browser if the texture has odd dimensions. This can also happen when painting a group/component that has been stretched with the scale tool. For components you can right click and select Scale Definition.

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.