Anyone interested in making models for free?

If anyone is interested in creating a couple of models for me, please let me know. I want to create wooden models out of the two but I currently do not have the time to create the models right now, I would also like them to be done fairly soon. The two models are bourgault 3320 PARALINK™ HOE DRILL QDA, and MODEL 7550 air seeder tank.

If your interested in creating these models please let me know. They also need to be scaled from the real size down to 1/16 scale models if they could be well done that would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

That’s asking a lot. Good luck.

8 Likes

I know, but i dont have time to do this and want it done fairly soon.

The models dont have to be super detailed just enough to create a wooden model from them.

Take a look at CG Trader - you can commission 3D modellers from around the world for very reasonable rates.

1 Like

Here is one of them for $11:

https://polygonish.com/downloads/bourgault-7950/

2 Likes

Also “Upwork”

1 Like

I want to wash my car. I don’t have time to do this and WANT it done fairly soon. If your interested to wash my car for free please let me know!
If it could be well done that would be greatly appreciated. The wash don’t have to be super detailed, just good enough to satisfy my wife.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

:smile: exactly!

im new to sketchup and was looking for some help. i want to create a model in wood and thought it would be easy to create a model on here first. the model i want to create is a bourgault 3320 PARALINK™ HOE DRILLS with a MODEL 7550 air seeder, i want to get as much detail as possible. if someone would be willing to help me or creat the model for me that would be great. any help is apreciated.

A good place to start would be here AT THE CAMPUS LEARNING CENTER

Hi Sagefarmer19

Is it that sort of toy you want to model?bourgault%203320

If yes, it is quite simple but can be time consuming if you want as you say “as much detail as possible”.
RLGL is right but what you would mainly need are a good set of blueprints if possible, or if you know where to take as many photos “as possible” of such a machine with measures details.
After that it’s just a matter of time!
Good luck, ready to help in your first steps.

I want to take the real life size model and scale it down to match other 1/16 scale models. Im also looking to create it out of wood. The farm I live on has one of these air seeders and ive been wanting to recreate one for a long time now.

this tank gets towed behind the toolbar. Im not sure if I could find any blueprints with the exact measurments on them.

This is the toolbar I want to model

Im not really sure where the best place is to start on a project like this. If anyone could tell me where i should start ive watched many videos an am still lost as to how I should tackle this.

I suggest that you start by modelling something simpler first, and start tackling your machines when you have got some routine with the SketchUp tools.

You have the advantage of having access to the real size models and understanding how they work. Study how they have been assembled and the parts that they consist of. Then make (preferably simplified) models of the parts and assemble them. Start with the simplest. Make components of the repeating parts like the wheels.

There is no limit to the amount of time you can spend in modelling things like these, especially in detail. A person who posts here often has spent what it seems to me years modelling parts of a NASA Mars lander. Your machines are not quite that complicated but still…

3 Likes

I’m the forum user referenced by @Anssi who has been working on a high-fidelity model of the Viking '75 Mars lander. See below for more information on my project. In your case @sagefarmer19, I suspect that you can simplify the farm implement to a significant degree, given your plan to fabricate it out of wood in 1/16 scale. As mentioned by others above, I too suggest starting to learn SketchUp by modeling simple objects, rectilinear shapes at first, then some with circular curves. For example, the main tubular side beams of the hoe drill in simplified form. Also a front tire (ignoring the tread initially) - things like that.

As you are getting comfortable with SketchUp, start thinking about which parts of the farm implement you want to represent in 1/16 scale wooden form. For example: the main red frame parts; the arms that hold the digging teeth and plow discs; the teeth (simplified); the discs. You probably don’t need to model the air or hydraulic lines in SketchUp, just add them with small tubing or thread or styrene rods etc. on the physical model.

I suggest creating each component in-place within a single SketchUp .SKP file, full-scale. Creating the components in-place will ensure that they fit together as intended. You can easily create a 1/16 scale copy of the model when you are done with it, if you want to be able to pull dimensions out of SketchUp that represent the modeled size.

My fairly ambitious project involves modeling essentially every single separate hardware piece-part of the original Viking '75 Mars lander spacecraft (two of which were launched to Mars in 1975 and successfully landed on Mars in 1976). Each part is created as a solid (in SketchUp terms) component. I’ve been working on it for about 2000 hours or so over the past five years, creating about 1000 unique components in the model to date. This is what “as much detail as possible” means to me. :slight_smile: It’s about half done, if I’m optimistic.

6 Likes

your models look amazing, thank you for the help, what do you suggest that i create first just to get me used to using sketchup.

As I wrote, start with fairly simple shapes - possibly not related at all to the farm implements in question so that you have more “mental freedom” to experiment with SketchUp. For example, make an empty box (four sides and a bottom) where the sides and bottom have thickness. Such a box could be one-piece, or could be created from five pieces that simply butt together. Make each part (the one single piece, or the five separate pieces if you do that) as “components” in SketchUp. Sounds very simple - and it really is - but to someone new to SketchUp it will cause you to learn about a few basic tools.

Perhaps then make a cylindrical “box” (similar to an old fashioned hat box, if you know those) to explore SketchUp’s circle tool.

Search YouTube for SketchUp introduction and you may find useful walk-through video demonstrations.

Thank you for the help!