Alternative to arrow keys/paging keys while reading forum - the space bar!

I don’t know if it’s a feature of the forum software, or of my Window’s OS, or the Chrome browser I use, While reading the forum, I often want to go down a list of posts, or the replies within a post, quickly.

I HAVE been taking my LEFT hand and moving it off the home keys of my keyboard and crossing over to use the “page up” and “page down” keys - with occasional use of the up and down arrow keys. May right hand remains on my mouse (actually, a trackball) throughout - where I also use the center scroll wheel.

Today, I accidently discovered that the space bar functions as “page down” while reading the forum! Combine this with the scroll wheel on my trackball and I no longer have to remove my left hand from the home keys!

I don’t know if it’s a feature of the forum software, or of my Window’s OS, or the Chrome browser I use, but I’m glad I found it!

Not a world shaking discovery, but if I didn’t know about it before now, perhaps the same is true for someone else reading this.

2 Likes

It should be OS and/or browser because it is working on other web pages like this on Edge and Chrome since “ages”… :wink:
But, good catch! :+1: