Advice on rebinding or reassigning mouse button?

Sketchup Pro 2020. Microsoft Mouse 4000.
I’d like to bind the ‘grab/pan/hand’ function to this button. It’s not the ‘left click’. It’s the little silver button hanging off of the side there.

I’ve read all the instructions and tutorials I can but am just not getting it. I have also downloaded and installed the ‘microsoft mouse and keyboard center’ tools.

Can anyone advise? Thank you very much.

Since Pan is a shortcut key, if you bind it to that button you will turn it on when you click it, then stay in that command until you start another command. However, if you bind that button to Shift, then you can hold that button down at the same time as the scroll wheel to pan. As soon as you release either button, you will return to the previous command.

1 Like

Thank you. How do i bind that button to shift? Is there a tutorial anywhere?

Perhaps this might help you…

I’ve read that. And I downloaded and installed the software/gui. But I don’t understand what is meant by

" To reassign a button for a specific program

1. Using the mouse that you want to configure, start Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center.
  2. Select the app-specific settings .
  3. Click Add New button, select the program that you want.
    If the program that you want is not on the list, click Manually Add a Program at the bottom, select the program.
  4. In the button command list, select a command."

I got that far but what is the *program""? Is it the SketchUp folder itself? I tried many ways open it, drag and drop it, etc. I don’t think I understand the directions there.

I don’t have a Microsoft mouse so I can’t use the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center.

How about you post a screenshot of the app-specific settings page so we can see what options are available to you…

Or someone else might have Microsoft mouse who could help you?

Probably the SketchUp exe in C:\Program Files\SketchUp\SketchUp 2018 - are you using 2018 as your profile indicates or 2022 as you state in this thread?