Accessing files from mobile or SketchUp viewer

I can no longer access files in Dropbox from the viewer app on IOS. Dropbox just does not show up as an option in the files anymore. Most annoying.
Any ideas?

Use Trimble Connect or 3Dwarehouse, dropbox support has dropped.

1 Like

I’ve just discovered that it is possible to export the SKP file directly from Dropbox to SketchUp as opposed to importing directly through SketchUp.

When did this happen? I don’t remember any notification about it, or anything on the forum either, until I saw this.

Is it just iOS that’s affected, or Android SU Viewer too?

The answers is here

1 Like

Thanks. Just about to go out for the evening, but will try tomorrow or Saturday.

I think this is no longer the case. See above re export from dropbox rather than the other way around. I didn’t see any notification of Dropbox being dropped either.

I still have access to Dropbox from Sketchup Viewer. But I haven’t updated the app since Christmas. Now I dare not install the update.

1 Like

Why drop support for one of the most used cloud solutions? We certainly do not want to add an extra file-location on trimble ‘connect’. We have our whole busines running on dropbox and it will stay that way.
Has trimble let its brains ‘go’ to somewhere else?

You can still open SketchUp files from Dropbox in the viewer in iOS. Open the Dropbox app, find your file, tap on the 3 dots at the right, choose “Export”, then “Copy to SketchUp” and it opens in the SketchUp viewer.

1 Like

unnecessary added complexity. Keeping things simple seems to be the hardest part of most IT.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 183 days. New replies are no longer allowed.