I would ask the shorter question first.
A) How often do you work with sketchup preferences > drawing > continue line drawing enable?. Would you use it for the following exercise?
B) I would like to see diferent points about how to approach this situation, Doing the following exercise:
From the blueprint I can take for sure 2 things:
1) Circle diamenter is 8mm (4mm radius)
According to the info from another threads I need to work with the radius
2) Circle center is 7mm away from the left side.
Several ways to do this comes to my mind.
If I want to draw the circle and then move it to the right place I’m going to need avoid sticking, so I can:
- Drawing a circle 4mm radius outside the figure.
- Drawing a circle 4mm radius inside the figure but not touching any edge.
- I can turn the main shape into a group or component (I can do the same for the circle if I respected the first two sentences)
I will need to find the correct location to place the circle so:
- I can draw a guideline 7mm from the left side.
- I still need to know how far it’s from the top or the bottom edge, so I can:
a) (110/2) - 45, that would be the distance from the top edge.
b) (110/2) + 45, that would give me the distance from the bottom.
I can draw a line instead of a guideline to use it as reference, I read there is an extension called linetool that would let me type where a line starts from, but I don’t think that would make the process faster, besides, I would preferece to use native tools.
What would you think it’s the easier/faster way to work in this case?
If someone needs, this is my file done: EjerBas06.skp (40.9 KB)
Thanks in advance.