3d warehouse ALWAYS FAILED TO RENDER

Okay, maybe it’s because of the server, I’m still trying to upload hundreds or even thousands of times, but it keeps getting ‘failed to render’, maybe next time and the umpteenth time it will work, thank you, friend

But you can try orbiting 3d view with visible lines as compared to hidden lines, with files above 10 mb, you will feel the difference, give it a try

Yes, I said that.
I’m saying that you can change edge visibility in the style- rather than physically doing it across the entire geometry.
Anyways, I don’t think that is causing the issue with the render - I can’t achieve a different result with the upload

Yes, maybe this is my server, THANK YOU

We’re looking into this. I’m imagining the GLB file (used for AR viewing) may have become too large during the conversion process. I don’t quite understand why, but during conversion some files can go from a 10mb SKP to a 500mb GLB. It may have something to do with texture size, or making sure that outside faces are not showing, or geometry complexity. Lots to learn still. Will keep you posted.

Ok, the very last job during the render process is the creation of the GLB file. This one appeared to be so complex that the process timed out. I ran a test with the Material Resizer extension and reduced all textures to a maximum of 512px. The SKP file size went from 12mb to 5mb, but that, by itself, did not fix the issue. Perhaps reducing the polygon count / simplifying the model, would help.

With some simple cleanup I got the file down to under 3Mb. I’d expect rendering would happen fairly quickly.

Thanks for tag-teaming the experimentation. I’m running cleanup on it now as well.

1 Like

Thanks in advance to TheGuz and DaveR, when comparing my mosque model with many models in 3d warehouse especially architectural models such as mosques, churches, stadiums, buildings, complex roads or even detailed equipment that has files of millions of polygons up to 30 or 40mb or even more, is my 12mb model too heavy? or maybe I will try to reduce the size of my material texture, or maybe this is a problem on my server, only the upload of files in my account always fails, because running everything else is normal, THANK YOU.