2021 where to find autosaved files?

Hello Anyone help with where to find an autosaved file in Sketch Up 2021 ?

Sketch Up crashed when I was 4 hours into creating a complex floor plan
When this has happened before on relaunching a message has come up telling me there is a recovered file but not this time

My preferences are set to autosave and I’ve followed previous advice notes on this forum ie opened finder - selected go - held options key - opened library - opened sketch up autosave file but that file was empty !
Wondering if 2021 Sketch Up saves them in a different place ? Or doesn’t save at all :frowning:

What operating system? You’re profile doesn’t indicate that as it should.

Hi - sorry just hurriedly registered . Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 - If that’s what you mean ?

Yes. That’s what I mean.

The auto saved file should be in the same directory as the working file. Those backups are identified with as filename~.skp If a recovery file was created, you should be able to see and open it from the Welcome window where you normally choose the template or a recent file to open.

Please correct your profile since operating system and graphics card are important to us when trying to help you.

The ~ named file is the backup file, and will only be there if you have already done two saves. It won’t exist if you have not saved, or have only done one save.

The auto save file is stored in this folder:

~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2021/working/SKETCHUP/RecoveredFiles/

If you had saved the file already, the auto save file will have the same name.

You can go there manually looking for the file, but the recovered version should also appear in the Welcome screen. If you had never saved, it will be named Untitled, and you may need to scroll down the list to find it.

Oh thank you so much - Found it on the Welcome screen - just had to scroll down a bit - faith in technology restored .